Thursday, October 14, 2010

Speedy Little Devils

I was looking around the house a week or so ago and wanted to make something.  There wasn't much  to work with but I found some Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Cream and wondered what I could do with these two ingredients.  So I went over to Food.com (Formerly RecipeZaar.com, I liked the former name better!) and used their "Recipe Shifter" to find out what recipes would come up with the two ingredients.  Check that out by the way it is a nice little tool.  Anyway, as I searched though I came across this and though I didn't have the exact ingredients it still turned out quite nicely.


Speedy Little Devils

(Not my version, pics below of mine)




Ingredients:

1 Box devil's food cake mix
1/2 C melted butter
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
7 Ounces marshmallow cream



Directions:

1. Combine melted butter and dry cake mix.

2. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this topping for top crust.

3. Put remaining crumb mixture into an un-greased 9x13 cake pan.

4. Top that layer with the combined peanut butter and marshmallow cream and spread evenly.  I uses my hands and needed to oil my hands up good.

5. Crumble remaining mixture over that and gently press into filling.

6. Bake 20 minutes at 350F

7. Cool

Prep Time: 10 minutes




My Notes:

Well like I mentioned above I had the 2 main ingredients but not everything so this is all that my version had.



1 Box yellow cake mix
1/2 C melted butter
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
7 Ounces marshmallow cream
Some vanilla pudding powder
Some coco powder
Chocolate chips


OK so didn't have any Devils Food Cake, but I had the Yellow Cake Mix and thought why not make it albino-ish version.  I added some Vanilla Pudding Powder to the topping (because I forgot to put it in at the start).  Then the albino theme left quickly when I decided to just revert the colors thats where the Coco Powder comes in.  After mixing the Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Cream I added some Coco Powder a little at a time maybe half a teaspoon total. After Step 4 above i pushed in some Chocolate Chips, enough to make a nice cover layer over the marshmallow concoction.



My Version:



( I almost forgot to take a picture good thing i did in time, or maybe not 
camera broke so only can use my phone)



(You can see a bit of the Marshmallow mixture mixture hitting the side)
(If you add the Coco, as I did, it wont make it brown until it is cooked )



(I forgot to take a picture before i added the topping but this is it before it went in)

No comments: