Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Barbeque Chicken Pizza 


(Took this picture w/ my phone while it was still cooking in oven)



Nearly 4 years ago someone made a barbeque chicken pizza, and well I still think it was the best thing that I have ever eaten and have wanted more ever sense. A main problem is that I have no clue who it was that made it ? So I finely got around to making one of my own. And I have to say it was mighty good if I do say so my self. One problem is that I didn’t like the barbeque sauce that we had so I improvised, as in I started dumping stuff into the sauce pan.

I’ll just list what all I put in it and you can take from it what you will.



Ingredients
(Using your favorite barbeque sauce should do just fine)

Honey Hickory Smoke Barbeque Sauce
Hickory Smoke Barbeque Sauce
Minced Garlic (I probably put 4 cloves worth)
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cayenne Pepper based hot sauce (almost used a Habenero sauce)
Dried onion pieces things
1 or 2 or 3 or however many you want cups of cooked chopped chicken.
    Chopped, Cubed, Shredded or however you like it mine was mostly a sort of combination
     I used chicken pulled off about 2 cooked chicken breast bones.
Other favorite toppings, if desired

I think that’s all about it ….


Directions

1. Make the dough for the Pizza Crust; let rest for 30 minutes. And partially bake as directed for the desired crust.

2. Stick Barbeque Sauce & or its ingredients in a sauce pan and heat it up.

3. Cover the partially baked Pizza Crust with some of the barbeque sauce.

4. Place chicken in reaming sauce and let is simmer for a few minutes or marinade it in it for a while.

5. Spread evenly onto Pizza Crust. Add any favorite toppings and cheese.

6. Bake thin-crust pizzas at 425 for 8 to 10 minutes. Thick-crust pizzas at 375 about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


Yum Yum!!!


I wrote this late at night sorry for any sloppy-ness.

No comments: