Monday, October 19, 2009

Pepper Shrimp

I made this for a work pot-luck a while ago and it went over awesomely. I got the recipe from a Caribbean recipe website but unfortunately half a year later still cannot find that some site because it had some other recipes that I would have liked to try out.


Pepper Shrimp


( I never took a picture of mine but found this one that looked similar)


Ingredients:

1 lb large shrimp in shell
3 crushed garlic cloves
3 thyme sprigs
3 scotch bonnet peppers, halved and seeded
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
Cooking oil

Directions:

1. Over medium heat, add 1/4 -1/2 cup oil with garlic, salt, black pepper, scotch bonnets, and thyme sprigs.

2. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring the shrimp then add the vinegar.

3. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4ish

My Notes:

The Shrimp: It doesn't need to have the shell on. You don’t even really need to be raw you can buy pre cooked I’ve used both.

The Garlic: You can never have too much I put a bit more that recipe calls for.

The Thyme: I don't know what a sprig is so I just bought a jar of thyme and pored some in.

The Pepper: Scotch bonnet pepper is similar to the habanero but with a different taste. I’ve yet to find that the scotch bonnet closer than an hour away. *** I just used different Bell Peppers (red, green, yellow, orange). ***

The Salt: I used Mediterranean salt and I always use no more then half the recipe calls for.

The Oil: I used 5/8 (or 1/4 + 1/8) and 1/4.

No comments: